Getting ready to bring the elephant in the room to the End Fossil Fuels March in NYC...
Don't let the giggles fool you... The military-industrial complex is a major contributor to the climate crisis. War and war preparations are major greenhouse gas emitters. It is time to address the elephant in the room!
|Join the Anti-Militarism Hub!|
- Free all Iranian Political Prisoners: Lift Sanctions Now!
- Tell Congress Stop the Hate on Asian Americans
- Join our global days of action in October 3-4, including a Livestream event with Dr. Cornel West!
- Support Urgency of Pursuing Peace in Ukraine Event in Washington, DC!
- Tell Congress To Vote No On Another $24 Billion For The War In Ukraine–Diplomacy, Not More War!
- Tell Congress to Cease Hostility Toward Venezuela
- Tell your congressional reps to vote no on sending cluster bombs to Ukraine!
- Ground the F-35!
- Check out CODEPINK Events!
BLOGS, WINS & NEWS
- This is outrageous!
- Will I see you there?
- The Hypocrisy of the US’ Proxy War with Russia
- Hawaii Disconnect: While Lahina Is Destroyed, Honolulu To Construct an Unnecessary $60 million Pedestrian Bridge
- Anti-militarism Hub Brings Elephant in the Room to Climate March
- Save The Date: Cornel West To Headline Peace In Ukraine event in DC
- CODEPINK In the News Round-Up September 2023
NEW JOB ALERT
In today’s radio show, Matthew Hoh and Assal Radow will shed light on how the US government exploited the 9/11 tragedy to escalate surveillance and instill fear in Muslim and Arab communities, all in the name of “freedom”. Additionally, climate justice advocate Alexia Leclercq will discuss the role of international cooperation and peace in combating the climate crisis, emphasizing the crucial need to put an end to wars.
Report back from Venezuela
Venezuela: La Alborada Guiando - Sandino Primera
Matthew Hoh– Never Forget: 9/11 and the 20 Year War on Terror
TOP TWEET #1
FREE LEONARD PELTIER!— CODEPINK (@codepink) September 14, 2023
This week, on Leonard Peltier's 79th birthday, we joined protests demanding his freedom. Wrongly convicted in 1975, Peltier is the longest-held Indigenous political prisoner in the US.
Here's @nickwestes on the need for unity against the colonial system: pic.twitter.com/msRGYUyTtj
TOP TWEET #2
For the first time in history, workers across the big three automakers in the United States are all striking at the same time.— CODEPINK (@codepink) September 15, 2023
The anti-war movement stands in solidarity with labor. End the war on the working class! #StandUpUAW #UAWSolidarity https://t.co/vdoDxZrMYn