Location: Washington DC
Salary: $52,000-$56,000 a year depending on experience
Application deadline: ASAP
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample, and a sample event planning checklist for a CODEPINK-led event in Washington DC to [email protected] with the subject line “CODEPINK East Coast Organizer”.
CODEPINK East Coast organizer plays a central role within the CODEPINK community. This job is the relational ‘heart’ and essential caretaker of CODEPINK Members on the East Coast, which includes but is not limited to, CODEPINK activists, volunteers, peace collective members, local leaders and donors.The East Coast organizer will work closely with our Member & Youth Coordinator and Co-Directors to organize events in DC and NYC and support our campaign work in Washington.
25% Member Support
- Outreach, have one-on-ones and onboard new CODEPINK Members
- Relationship building & nurturing of CODEPINK Members through a variety of means
- Consistent communication with CODEPINK Members across the east coast, checking in and providing support wherever possible
- Emailing and texting members invitations, newsletters etc
- Hosting webinars and meetings
- Supporting local events and activities, creating local event pages, and assisting with getting local promotional materials printed and delivered.
50% Campaign Support
- Finding and attending hearings/meetings in DC as it relates to campaign work around Ukraine, War is Not Green, Palestine, Latin America, and other issues.
- Showing up at events/protests in support of these issues
- Working with the other team members to understand their issues and how to support them in DC.
- Building relationships with relevant organizations.
- Writing local emails/texts to boost attendance for events
25% Local Washington DC Event Organizing
- Putting on annual events including but not limited to International Women’s Day, International Day of Peace, Earth Day, May Day, and other days of action.
- Working in coalition with national partners
- Working with our Communications team to make sure our events get the coverage and content needed.
- Create mutual support networks between CODEPINK and other local partners.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Unwavering passion for peace, defunding war, and funding the life-giving needs of our communities
Excellent & comprehensive written and verbal communication skills
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Experience in Organizing, managing members/volunteers
- Proven track record of successful event planning
Detail oriented- organized and able to take initiative and leadership
- Knowledge and experience with CODEPINK or at least the peace community
- Tech-savvy, proficient in organizing, running zoom meetings/tech, google docs, Slack, eblasting tools etc.
CODEPINK is a feminist grassroots organization working to end U.S. warfare and imperialism, support peace and human rights initiatives, and redirect resources into healthcare, education, green jobs and other life-affirming programs. Join us!
CODEPINK is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ people, disabled people and other members of underrepresented groups.