Help us flood Zakaria's inbox to demand that this Sunday, he have a Palestinian expert on the show to refute Kushner.
Last Sunday, February 2, on CNN’s GPS, Fareed Zakaria gave Jared Kushner a wide open stage to spew vile racism and disrespect for Palestinian rights. As Kushner touted his 180 “peace plan,” no Palestinians were included in the discussion to address that the plan has nothing to do with peace but is a recipe for permanent occupation and apartheid. The Palestinian people have rejected it unequivocally.
Zakaria can and must do better! Will you help us flood his inbox with requests that this Sunday, February 7, he have a Palestinian on the show to refute what Kushner said? If enough people contact him, he will likely meet our demand.
Email Zakaria! Ask him to balance his show by having a Palestinian on this Sunday. If you are located outside the US, Canada, or Australia, sign this letter instead.
The apartheid plan, introduced during a joint Trump-Netanyahu press conference, would annex 30 percent of the West Bank, affirm Jerusalem as the undivided capital of Israel (it’s not!), leave all illegal Israeli settlers in place, and offer Palestinians no viable options for self-determination.
In his effort to demean Palestinians, Kushner accused them of having a “perfect track record of blowing every opportunity they’ve had.” “They have to act like people who are ready to have a state, [but] they’re not ready to have a state,” he said condescendingly.
Zakaria must correct the imbalance of last week’s show. There are plenty of Palestinian analysts and experts to choose from. We recommend:
- Noura Erakat, Palestinian-American legal scholar and human rights attorney, author of Justice for Some: Law and the Question of Palestine;
- Yousef Munayyer, Palestinian-American writer and political analyst;
- Zaha Hassan, Palestinian-American human rights lawyer and visiting fellow at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace;
- Diana Buttu, Palestinian-Canadian lawyer and political analyst, former spokesperson for the Palestine Liberation Organization; or
- Mustafa Barghouti, Palestinian physician and politician, Secretary General of the Palestinian National Initiative political party (PNI).
Help us flood Zakaria’s inbox with the demand that he respect the human rights, dignity, and self-determination of the Palestinian people. Tell him to bring their voices into the discussion this Sunday, February 7.
Towards freedom, dignity, equality, and peace in Palestine,
Ariel, Ann, Asia, Ayanni, Carley, Caty, Cody, Emily, Jodie, Leonardo, Makena, Medea, Michelle, Nancy, Paki, Teri, and Tighe