On Sunday, February 2, 2020, CNN’s Fareed Zakaria hosted Jared Kushner to talk about the Apartheid Plan that the Trump and Netanyahu administrations have introduced to annex 30 percent of the West Bank and affirm Israel’s occupation. Kushner was given an enormous amount of airtime on CNN to spew his vile racism and disrespect for Palestinian lives. And just like with this “Peace Plan,” there was no Palestinian voice.
If you are located in the US, Canada, or Australia, click here to send an email to Zakaria uring him to have a Palestinian on next Sunday to refute Kushner. If you are located outside one of these three countries, sign our petition below:
Dear Fareed Zakaria,
I was appalled to see Jared Kushner given so much airtime on February 2, 2020, on GPS to push his plan to annex 30 percent of the West Bank and cement Israel’s occupation, with its separate and unequal systems, as permanent fixtures. Why didn’t you give a Palestinian expert a chance to refute Kushner and this plan?
For the sake of balance, I urge you to have a Palestinian expert on GPS to refute Kushner and talk about why Palestinians have rejected this plan. Some experts I would recommend are:
- Noura Erakat, Palestinian American legal scholar and human rights attorney, author of Justice for Some: Law and the Question of Palestine
- Yousef Munayyer, Palestinian-American writer and political analyst
- Zaha Hassan, Palestinian American human rights lawyer and visiting fellow at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Diana Buttu, Palestinian-Canadian lawyer and political analyst, former spokesperson for the Palestine Liberation Organization
- Mustafa Barghouti, Palestinian physician and politician, Secretary General of the Palestinian National Initiative political party (PNI)
Kushner said such condescending and racist, anti-Arab statements as “[Palestinians] have a track record of blowing up every opportunity they’ve had” and “they have to act like people who are ready to have a state, [but] they are not ready to have a state.” The least you can do is have a Palestinian voice on your show. Please respect the human rights, dignity, and self-determination of the Palestinian people by bringing their voices into the discussions.
Towards a real peace plan for the Middle East,