Posted by CODEPINK Staff
|CODEPINK & National Priorities Project Invite You to Enter the Bring Our War $$ Home Shareable Image Contest!
- Set your creativity free to express your frustration with the money spent on war and militarism instead of human needs.
- The winning images - First, Second and Third Place - will be published on 2 high-traffic websites - codepink.org and nationalpriorities.org - promoted on social media, and seen across the US!
- Contest Prizes: First Place - $200 plus Large PINK Swag Package; Second Place - $100 plus Medium PINK Swag Package; Third Place - $50 plus Small PINK Swag Package.
Follow this simple guideline:
- Create an image that visually and viscerally contrasts the cost of some aspect (weapons system, overseas bases, military marching bands, etc.) of US militarism with unmet/underfunded human needs! When people feel they are more likely to act.
- See example below (CODEPINK's most shared image ever) - but feel free to use your own creativity in design.
- Open to all ages and all nationalities.
- Create a shareable graphic (JPEG format only) to contrast US war/militarism/surveillance expenses with an unmet/underfunded human need.
- All facts (such as cost of the F-35 jet, or number of US children living below the poverty line) must be sourced with a URL (such as http://nationalpriorities.org/tradeoffs/041713/). Entries will be fact-checked by judges.
- Must use some color pink in the design.
- Optional: you may include 1 hashtag in your design.
- One entry per person - one person per entry.
- Entries won't be returned. CODEPINK has the right to use any and all entries on our website and social media. Copyright belongs to the entrant.
- All entries must be received on or before March 31, 2014.
- The winning entry will be judged by members of CODEPINK and our partner, National Priorities Project. CP Local Coordinators & National staff will announce/publish the winner on April 14, just in time for publication and social media sharing for Global Day of Action on Military Spending.
Email your entry as a JPEG attachment
with the following information to email@example.com:
- Full Name
- Street Address
- Zip Code
- Email address
- Optional: twitter handle
- Reason why you are entering this contest - 140 character answer
- Indicate that you have read and agreed to the contest rules
This got shared when Congress failed to extend unemployment benefits:
Did you like this? Share it!