One way you can show your support for Cuba is by visiting the island. Please consider joining CODEPINK’s next trip to Cuba in November 5-12
Traveling to an island of indefinable magic – that is, Cuba - is a must item for your life’s bucket list and if you have already been there before, I am sure you would like to repeat this one!
CODEPINK and Proximity Cuba have prepared an incredible itinerary for you in Cuba from November 5 to 12, 2022 and here are 5 reasons you should reserve your spot immediately!
- No better time to support the Cuban People: While Cuba is still struggling with the social and economic impacts of the pandemic and also trying to recover from the largest oil fire in Cuba's history that erupted in the province of Matanzas on Aug.5, the Biden administration refuses to return to Obama's Cuban thaw and continues a cruel and illegal blockade of the island, a medieval siege that has been going on for 60 years now. Traveling to Cuba is an opportunity to support the Cuban people by participating in community projects with grassroots and non-governmental organizations.
- Learn about Cuba: This trip is designed for peace activists and travelers who are interested in learning about the current political, social and cultural situation of Cuba - and much more.
- Eat great food: Enjoy Cuban food in privately and cooperatively owned paladares. Paladares are a form of entrepreneurship that have flourished in Cuba over recent years. They are restaurants with a homey atmosphere and traditional Cuban dishes, often family recipes passed down from generation to generation.
- Amazing cultural activities: Engage alongside Cubans in specially selected cultural activities like the Literacy Campaign Museum or the home and art studio of ceramist and painter José Fuster to learn about his art community project.
- Meet the most incredible people ever: Cuba has proven its hospitality to foreign visitors for decades and this trip is especially designed to promote people-to-people exchange. From the Cuban Institute of Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP), where you will learn about non-governmental organizations in Cuba as well as the people-to-people programs, to the organic urban garden cooperative in the Eastern district of Alamar, you will have a unique opportunity to experience first-hand the daily life of Cubans.
And a bonus reason… It’s incredibly affordable! With options starting at just $1,900!
To learn more about the itinerary and costs, read some FAQs and trip testimonies, and to reserve your spot, visit codepink.org/cuba_2022. The deadline to register is September 15, 2022. You won’t want to miss this amazing travel opportunity!
Medea, Michelle, Samantha and Teri
PS: If you can’t join our trip but want to help, consider signing and sharing our petition to President Biden, calling on him to take Cuba off the State Sponsor of Terror