It’s a new year, and it’s time to raise our voices and put our bodies on the line to fight US militarism at home and abroad. Join with us to #RiseLoveResist in January!
EMERGENCY RALLY TO #FREEAHED TAMIMI & ALL PALESTINIAN CHILD PRISONERS
16-year-old Palestinian human rights activist Ahed Tamimi was arrested on December 19th. She has been kept in a cold, isolated cell with a camera watching her every move, and threatened with violence. Now she is facing up to 12 charges for slapping a heavily armed Israeli soldier. This is not the first time that a child has been held captive by Israel. Read Ariel and Taylor’s article calling on the feminist & #MeToo movements to rally around Ahed, sign our petition, and join us on Saturday to show your support for Ahed and all other Palestinian child prisoners.
- WHERE: Consulate General of Israel, 11766 Wilshire Blvd, West Los Angeles, CA 90025 (near Wilshire and Barrington)
- WHEN: Saturday, January 6th from 12–2pm
- Contact Taylor to RSVP and connect around our visual plans
CLOSE GUANTANAMO PROTEST
We will be joining Interfaith Communities United for Justice and Peace (ICUJP) to call for the closing of Guantanamo on its 16th anniversary! While detainees are supposedly no longer being tortured, they were kidnapped by the U.S. government, arrested without charges, imprisoned without trial, tortured, and are held in a state of perpetual imprisonment, with even those prisoners approved for release by the U.S. Department of Defense having no clear path to freedom.
- WHERE: Federal Building, 300 N. Los Angeles Street, Los Angeles CA 90012
- WHEN: Thursday, January 11th from 12–2pm. RSVP here
- Contact Paula with any questions
INTO ACTION: A CELEBRATION OF COMMUNITY POWER & CULTURAL RESISTANCE
Into Action is a large scale pop-up art exhibition, cultural gathering, and community organizing action hub in Los Angeles featuring hundreds of inspiring works of art. Into Action will also house dozens of professionally crafted installations by world-renowned artists, as well as over 25 hours of live performances, symposiums/panels, and workshops.
- WHERE: Chinatown, Los Angeles
- WHEN: January 13–25.
- Contact Taylor to let her know you want to join our #DivestfromWar installation and engagement there.
In peace & solidarity,
Jodie, Kelly, Mariana, Mark, Paula, and Taylor