There are plenty of exciting actions coming up in the Los Angeles area, and so many opportunities for you to rise, love & resist with us!
DAVID SWANSON IN LOS ANGELES
Come hear David Swanson speak in Los Angeles this weekend! David is the director of World Beyond War, a global nonviolent movement to end war and establish a just and sustainable peace, as well as an author, journalist, radio host and activist. He will be signing books and speaking on a plethora of current issues, including militarism, so you don’t want to miss this.
- When: Saturday, November 4, at 7pm (doors open at 6:30pm)
- Where: The Peace Center, 3916 Sepulveda Blvd., Culver City CA 90230
- Contact Frank Dorrel for questions, (310) 838-8131
#METOO SURVIVORS MARCH
As survivors continue to come forward and speak truth to power, it's time for us to take action and show our support. We must face our society's complacency and normalization of rape culture, and confront our place in it. Join us on November 12th as we stand in solidarity with survivors of sexual abuse and harassment, and march for a powerful and important cause!
- When: Sunday, November 12, 10am-3pm
- Where: Hollywood & Highland
- Contact Taylor to let us know if you'll be in attendance
NOVEMBER LOCAL PEACE ECONOMY GATHERING
Join us for a restorative evening of healing & health-consciousness! Karen Sperling will offer a healing session to help us shift and transform our individual and collective energies, and move with ease through our actions. After that, Sonia Barrett will screen her documentary "The Business of Disease," a film about the harmful marketing tactics around disease and pharmaceuticals, and then open space to discuss how we can support each other and change the system. This will be a potluck, so bring food for everyone to share!
- When: Sunday, November 19, 4:30pm-8pm
- Where: Venice CA 90291
- Contact Taylor if you have any questions and RSVP for address
In peace and solidarity,
Jodie, Mariana, Mark, Monica, Taylor and the rest of the CODEPINK team