CODEPINK is endorsing the SOA Watch Convergence at the Border and we encourage you to join the October 7-11 vigils, protests and workshops at the Eloy Detention Center, in Tucson, and in Nogales, Arizona/Sonora at the border wall.
Join the CODEPINK workshop in Nogales, Sonora, Mexico! We'd like for everyone to attend! For US Citizens, please bring your passport to participate. Please allow extra time to go through customs when you either exit or enter the US. Visit the convergence webpage for more information.
It is important that we have a strong showing of activists from throughout the U.S. and Mexico in the lead-up to the November elections. We are going to take a stand for justice and demand fundamental change in US policies that goes beyond elections. Come out and amplify the demands of the convergence:
- An end to the destructive U.S. military, economic, and political interventions in the Americas.
- De-militarization of the borders. We need to build bridges with our neighbors, not walls.
- The dismantling of the racist and sexist systems that steal from, criminalize, and kill migrants, refugees, natives, gender non-conforming people, communities of color, and others throughout the hemisphere.
- Respect, dignity, justice and self-determination for all communities, especially the poor and most vulnerable.
- No more profits over people! Private military, prison, oil, mining, and other corporations should not determine our future or that of the earth, the people should.
Featured speakers and musicians at the bi-national rally and the vigil at the US/Mexico border wall.
See you at the Border!