Join CODEPINK and organizations around the world to take a stand against military spending. While Washington continues to increase funding for the Pentagon, it is slashing essential services like clean water, schools, and infrastructure. The Global Days of Action against Military Spending (GDAMS) is an international movement to raise awareness about the massive amount of funds allocated to militaries. From April 14 - May 3, join CODEPINK online and in the streets to take action!
Where can you find us?
- Local actions are listed here & here.
- You can also show your support through CODEPINK’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram by sharing our actions and messages.
Do you need materials?
Are you going to plan an action in your area?
- Send us an email and let us know! Also, don’t forget to share your pictures!
Did you know?
- By redirecting just 10% of worldwide military spending – which reached $1.68 trillion in 2016 – we could help reverse climate change and end poverty and hunger by 2030.
- In 2016, the US alone spent $741.3 billion on foreign and domestic militarism; meanwhile, 43 million people in America live in poverty or qualify as low income. And Congress has just voted to increase that spending by another $165 billion over the next two years. We should be spending our taxpayer money on meeting the needs of our citizens, not on subsidizing weapons that kill innocent civilians halfway around the world.
Since CODEPINK launched the Divest from the War Machine campaign in February, we and 70+ partners have been focused on moving money out of war and into peace. GDAMS 2018 is a great way to get involved in the Divest campaign; join or organize an action in your local area to demand a change in how OUR government spends OUR money.
Onwards toward peace,
Rita, Nancy, Samira, and Sarah