The Cut the Pentagon National Organizer will work closely with the CODEPINK Co-Director and Co-Founders to support this campaign
- Unwavering passion for peace, defunding war, and funding the life-giving needs of our communities especially those most affected including Black, Indigenous, Brown, communities of color, poor and low income, the disabled, LGBTQ+
- Excellent & comprehensive written and verbal communication skills
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
- Knowledge in and on people’s movements for social justice including but not limited to: housing justice, immigration justice, racial justice, climate justice/just transition, healthcare justice, etc
- Proven experience organizing, training, and working in coalition;
- Strong interpersonal skills; organizational, time management and project management skills;
- Proven ability to multi-task and work on multiple deadlines simultaneously, in a fast-paced campaign environment;
- Experience in Grassroots and Digital Organizing
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
- Consistent communication with CODEPINK team members and coalition partners
- Drive, implement and support campaign strategies that support work to connect Cut the Pentagon to movements for social justice
- Identify, solicit and acquire information about the intersection of people’s movements for social justice (housing, healthcare, climate justice, racial justice, etc) and the peace movement
- Work with grassroots organizing team and campaign staff to mobilize grassroots activists; coordinate field actions; plan to mobilize grassroots activists to large gathering in June
- Recruit, develop and train new volunteer/activist leaders and groups and identify and cultivate leadership within those groups;
- Implement agreed-upon online and offline campaign activities that build visibility for the campaign
- Design, create and use a range of communications tools (direct actions, direct communication, traditional and social media, briefing sheets, and other tools) to communicate with target audiences and to achieve campaign objectives;
- Represent CODEPINK at events or within coalitions, as well as, act as a public spokesperson for CODEPINK
Position type: Full Time
Salary $22 to $24 per hour
Deadline: March 1, 2022
- Please email a cover letter expressing an interest in the position and résumé to [email protected] mentioning “Cut the Pentagon National Organizer” in the subject line.
CODEPINK is a women-led grassroots organization working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support peace and human rights initiatives, and redirect our tax dollars into healthcare, education, healthy jobs, and other life-affirming programs.
CODEPINK is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ people, disabled people and other members of underrepresented groups.