Join Rally to Support CODEPINKer Facing 1 Year in Jail for Laughing at Jeff Sessions Hearing
When: 12:00 PM–1:00 PM, Wednesday, May 10
Where: US Department of Justice, 950 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC
Join us for a laugh-in and press conference protesting the conviction of CODEPINK children’s librarian Desiree Fairooz, along with Tighe Barry and Lenny Bianchi, who were found guilty of disorderly conduct by a D.C court for their actions at the confirmation hearing of Jeff Sessions on January 10th.
Fairooz is facing up to a year in jail for spontaneously laughing upon hearing Senator Richard Shelby (R-AL) say that Sessions’ history of “treating all Americans equally under the law is clear and well-documented.”
The rally will include Attorney General Sessions in a clown outfit and lots of laughing. We will also have serious talks by individuals representing sectors of the population being treated unfairly by his Justice Department.
Speakers will include:
- Desiree Fairooz, children’s librarian and CODEPINK activist convicted for laughing
- Eugene Puryear, Justice First, Black Lives Matter
- Reverend Graylan Hagler, Plymouth Congregational United Church of Christ
- Jose Magaña-Salgado, Attorney, Immigrant Legal Resource Center
- Taher Herzallah, Associate Director for Outreach and Grassroots Organizing, American Muslims for Palestine
- Sue Udry, Executive Director, Bill of Rights Defense Committee and Defending Dissent Foundation
Can't wait to see you tomorrow!
Medea Benjamin and the CODEPINK DC Team