The film VICE exposes the war criminal Cheney is and that we have known since before the US invaded Iraq, so we at CODEPINK wanted to revive our #ArrestCheney campaign because it remains a very good idea. CODEPINK has been going after Dick Cheney for years, disrupting his events and calling him out for what he is: a war criminal who should be arrested!
Please sign the petition below to show that you are outraged because Dick Cheney has not yet been arrested for his war crimes. We will deliver this petition to the Attorney General and members of Congress asking them why they have not acted. The violence in the Middle East will not stop until those who have caused it are held accountable.
Top 6 Reasons to #ArrestCheney for His War Crimes
1. He purposely manipulated information about the existence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq to make a case for launching a war against that country. THERE WERE NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION IN IRAQ AND HE KNEW IT.
2. He repeatedly lied about a connection between Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein in order to make a case for invading Iraq. THERE WAS NO RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN AL QAEDA AND SADDAM HUSSEIN AND HE KNEW IT.
3. He has threatened to bomb Iran even though Iran currently has no nuclear weapons, is years from developing them, and has agreed to allow U.N. weapons inspectors into the country. He has gone so far as to propose the use of nuclear weapons against that country. AS IF THE FAILED WAR AND OCCUPATION IN IRAQ ISN'T BAD ENOUGH, HE WANTS TO START ANOTHER WAR.
4. He has sanctioned the use of torture against the invented category of “illegal enemy combatants.” With his approval, people have been kidnapped, flown to secret locations and tortured. IN HIS ENDLESS WAR ON TERROR, CHENEY HAS IGNORED ANY LAW THAT GETS IN HIS WAY.
5. He has said that the law of the land doesn't apply to him because he wasn't part of the executive branch (as President of the Senate he was part of the legislative branch) and he has also said the law didn't apply to him because he was protected by Executive Privilege. CHENEY DOESN'T THINK HE IS SUBJECT TO ANY LAW IN THIS COUNTRY, OR IN THIS UNIVERSE OR ANY OTHER.
6. He is the mastermind behind the National Security Agency's warrantless wiretapping program. In this illegal program, the government spied on American citizens on American soil. CHENEY ARGUED THAT THE PRESIDENT HAS THE RIGHT TO BREAK INTO OUR HOMES, OPEN OUR MAIL, LISTEN TO OUR PHONE CALLS, TORTURE AND ASSASSINATE PEOPLE, IN SHORT DO ANYTHING HE FEELS LIKE DOING UNDER THE COVER OF “THE WAR ON TERROR.”
Sign the Petition Below!
To: The Attorney General
I am outraged that one of our most-wanted war criminals, Dick Cheney, has not yet been arrested for his war crimes. The violence in the Middle East will not stop until those who have caused it are held accountable.