Join CODEPINK in Organizing Towards Peace!
May 22, 9am-12pm CST
May 23, 10am-1pm CST
Event Description: Chicago Area Peace Action's Student Network is dedicating their yearly Peace Summit to Organizing Towards Peace, Justice, and Conflict Resolution. Activists, organizers, and community members of all backgrounds and experience levels are invited to join and grow together to strengthen our movements. The movement for peace and justice has a lot of work to do. From reclaiming financial resources from the Pentagon, preventing war with Iran, combatting the existential threats of both climate change and nuclear weapons, the need for a more organized and more connected peace and justice movement is urgent. Join us to forge and strengthen relationships, increase the skills in your toolbox for change, and find inspiration to continue this important work.
Some Featured Speakers & Workshops:
- Keynote address from Margaret Flowers of Popular Resistance
- Media Strategy Panel with Jerome McDonnell, Leonna McAfee, Hassan El-Tayyab, and Chris Geovanis
- Activism 101 Workshop with Danaka Katovich
- Antiracism + Organizing Workshop facilitated by Beautiful Trouble
- Building a Local Peace Economy with Kelly Curry
- Activism Through Pop Culture with Frank Dorrel, the publisher of Addicted to War, and Emily Dorrel, CODEPINK's Social Media and Communications Director
- Moving Beyond an Us vs Them Perspective with Peace Journalist Robert C Koehler