There are a lot of exciting actions coming up in the Los Angeles area, and so many opportunities for you to rise, love & resist with us!
CODEPINK will be featured prominently in photographer Cindy Bendat’s upcoming exhibit “Be the Change: Los Angeles Protest Photographs by Cindy Bendat, 2003-2017.” Join us for the opening night ceremony!“Be The Change” celebrates Los Angeles activism starting with photos of the 2003 protests against the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars and continuing on to showcase photos from immigrant rights protests, Burma freedom and Arab Spring rallies, the Occupy L.A. encampment, the labor movement, a Black Lives Matter demonstration, and the 2017 Women’s March.
- When: Monday, September 11th @ 5:30-7:30 PM
- Where: CSU Dominguez Hills University Art Gallery, LaCorte Hall, A-107 1000 E. Victoria St., Carson, CA 90747
- Contact Jodie if you are interested in attending the opening night reception & walk-through with her.
As US-supported, Saudi-led air strikes tear apart Yemen, the humanitarian crisis rages on. Activists have called for a Day of Action for Yemen on September 12th, to stand in solidarity with the Yemeni people and protest our continued support for Saudi Arabia.
- When: Tuesday, September 12th @ 12:00-4:00 PM
- Where: Sen. Kamala Harris’ office - 312 N. Spring St., Suite 1748, Los Angeles CA 90012
- Contact Carolyn if you will be in attendance - (310) 365-6855
Join our monthly local peace economy gathering in Venice. Through these tumultuous times, the need for community becomes more crucial than ever before. We will share food potluck-style. Bring something to share.
- When: Sunday, September 17th @ 1:00-2:30 PM
- Where: 757 Palms Blvd, Venice CA 90291
- RSVP with Taylor to let us know you’ll be coming.
As the war on women persists, CODEPINK will be marching for empowerment at this year’s SlutWalk in downtown Los Angeles! We are coming together to fight sexual violence, rape culture, and slut- & body-shaming. This will be a safe space for all races, ethnicities, sexual expressions & gender identities to celebrate self-expression. Be sure to dress up (or down!) in your best pink.
- When: Sunday, October 1st @ 10:00-2:00 PM
- Where: Pershing Square, 532 S Olive St, Los Angeles, CA 90013 Meet at the corner of 5th & Grand, in front of the Biltmore Hotel.
- RSVP here to let us know if you are planning on joining our SlutWalk contingent.
- Contact Taylor with any questions.
Jodie, Mark, Mary, Monica, Mariana, Paula and Taylor