What is CODEPINK's stance on nonviolence?
CODEPINK is grounded in the understanding of the power of love and maintains a commitment to nonviolence in all of our actions. We understand that any violation of this commitment to nonviolence—no matter how small—may seriously damage our movement.
We define nonviolence to include the following elements:
- We will use no violence, verbal or physical, toward any person.
- We will maintain an attitude of openness and respect toward all people we encounter in our actions.
- We will not destroy any property.
- We will carry no weapons.
- We will exercise personal and collective responsibility to ensure all participants adhere to these commitments.
Was this helpful?