UPDATE: Thank you for your contributions! We are now getting ready for our trip and no longer accepting socks. Stay tuned for our news blogs!
Help refugees have warm, dry feet by providing socks
In August, CODEPINK will travel to Greece to support migrants and war refugees living in camps. We will deliver much-needed baby shoes and socks to the Greek island of Lesbos. After fleeing war and conflict in Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan, over 50,000 refugees in Greece are refused the right of movement in Europe. The situation is dire. UNICEF estimates 1800 unaccompanied minors are living in Greece waiting for shelter.
Support the trip
- Order socks: Consider purchasing a new pair of socks or baby shoes for refugees and ship to the CODEPINK office in Los Angeles at 2010 Linden Ave., Venice, CA 90291
- Mail socks: You can directly mail new socks for men, women, children with a personal message to the CODEPINK office. See instructions.
Instructions for mailing socks
- Put the new socks in a sealable plastic bag (Ziploc bag) and either write in marker on the bag or put a piece of paper in the bag with the size (make sure we can see the size) add your message to the bag, if you are putting one in.
- Squeeze out the air, seal the bag, put in an envelope or box and send to the CODEPINK LA office at 2010 Linden Ave., Venice, CA 90291
- Deadline to mail in socks is July 27, 2018.
More information about the trip
The CODEPINK team will travel to Greece on August 6th and return August 23rd. In Athens, the team will meet with migrant women’s group the Melissa Network. Between August 7th and 22nd, the team will meet with the Dirty Girls of Lesvos, an environmental and migrant support group on the Greek island of Lesbos. The remainder of the trip will be spent on the island delivering socks and providing support at a refugee camp.
If you’re an independent traveler and would like to be part of this extraordinary team send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org