Join the CODEPINK contingent at the Democracy Spring action to get money out of politics April 2-18! The two weeks will consist of a series of direct actions to demand Congress to end the corruption of politics by big money and ensure free and fair elections in which every American has an equal voice.
Here's our pink schedule for the week of actions...
- April 2 will kick off a 137 mile, 9-day march from the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia to Washington D.C.
- From April 11-16, thousands will gather to reclaim the US Capitol in a powerful, peaceful, and massive sit-in for which over 2,000 people have already pledged to risk arrest in what will be one of the largest civil disobedience actions in a generation!
- April 16 will be a day of educational teach-ins, workshops, and actions hosted by Democracy Awakening.
- April 17 will include the March and Rally for Democracy at the Capitol and a vigil.
- April 18 will be the Congress of Conscience Day of Action (info to come!).
- One of those nights we'll have a CODEPINK party at our CODEPINK DC house - info TBA!
If there's only a couple days you can travel to DC, make it April 15-17! CODEPINK co-founders Medea Benjamin and Jodie Evans will risk arrest on April 16! We will be around all week though, so email Rebecca from the CODEPINK DC office (Rebecca@codepink.org) and let her know when you will be joining us.
Find out more information about these awesome actions and RSVP here. Chat with other awesome CODEPINK volunteers who have signed up and are raring to go on our Facebook event page. Contact Rebecca (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions, comments, or concerns!
Philadelphia - Washington D.C.
Rebecca Green ·