CODEPINK is seeking a passionate and energetic Campaigner to lead our work on Palestine and keep up with coalition work surrounding Iran. We are looking for someone with strong organizational skills and creativity to support awareness raising, congressional work and advocacy activities, promote people-to-people ties, while networking with Middle East activists/organizations in the US and in Palestine and the rest of SWANA (Southwest Asia and North Africa)
Location: Remote or preferably based in Illinois, New York, Washington DC, or California
Position type: full-time permanent
Start date: January 2023/flexible
Salary: Starting $24-$25 per hour based on skills and experience
Deadline: December 3, 2022
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include 3 references and writing samples.
- Excellent knowledge regarding the occupation of Palestine and the history of US policy towards Israel and Iran.
- Experience in and commitment to advocacy, peace and justice movements
- Proven experience organizing, training, and working in a coalition
- Strong interpersonal skills; organizational, time management and project management
- Proven ability to multitask and work on multiple deadlines simultaneously, in a fast-paced campaign environment;
- Experience working with both online and in-person organizing
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and drive work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to draft e-blasts, petitions, flyers and educational material
- Solid computer skills (MS Office literate & experience working with Google Drive); experience with email programs like Mailchimp, and updating web pages like WordPress/nationbuilder
- Work with the CODEPINK team, coalition groups and advisors to conceptualize and implement campaigns
Expand our outreach and education via
- Petitions, congressional actions, events, webinars, teach-ins and more
- Email alerts to supporters
- Writing articles and OpEds
- Writing scripts for social media/videos
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with individuals/organizations working on similar issues
- Represent CODEPINK at events and within coalitions, and to the media
- Potentially organize occasional delegations to the region and follow up with past delegates
CODEPINK is a women-led grassroots organization working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support peace and human rights initiatives, and redirect our tax dollars into healthcare, education, healthy jobs, and other life-affirming programs.
CODEPINK is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ people, disabled people and other members of underrepresented groups.