By: Kristine Karch, Lucas Wirl, Co-Chairs of the No to War/No to NATO Network
Note from CODEPINK staffer Janet Weil: CODEPINK co-founder Medea Benjamin and retired U.S. diplomat and CODEPINK advisor Ann Wright will be attending this series of actions to say No to NATO. Local CODEPINK groups are invited to join Bay Area CODEPINK in holding an action, a press conference or a vigil during the NATO summit and protests.
In the interest of peace, we invite you to participate in the protests of the international network “No to War – No to NATO” against NATO’s summit taking place from July 8-10, 2016, in Warsaw, Poland.
We protest for these reasons:
- The end of confrontation with Russia! No troops and maneuvers at Russia’s Western border.
- No further armament in the NATO member states! It can only be financed by sharply reducing spending on education, health care and social security systems.
- No new nuclear weapons (and no modernization of existing arsenals) in Europe and worldwide.
- No missile defense system in Eastern Europe because this system only furthers the dynamic of armament and confrontation.
- No NATO operations against refugees.