A Glossary of Common Peace Economy Terms ~ CODEPINK Friends and Allies ~ Accomplices Not Allies Action Toolkit ~ Support for Refugees ~ Community Building ~ All Black Lives Matter ~ CODEPINK Covid-19 Resources ~ 21 Days to Love Blogs ~ How-to-Guide for Gifting Circles
📚 Books We Recommend 📚
- Emergent Strategy - Adrienne Maree Brown
- The Next American Revolution - Grace Lee Boggs
- The More Beautiful World Our Hearts Know is Possible (free) - Charles Eisenstein
- This Changes Everything - Naomi Klein
- Until the Streets of Hood Flood with Green - Kelly Curry
✏️ Websites, Articles & Blogs We Love 🖋️
- Alternet LPE Corner - Local Peace Economy stories from our media partner Alternet/Independent Media Institute
- Movement Generation’s Just Transition Zine - powerful framework for the transition to the new economy
- Finding Steady Ground - a guide to strengthening our spirits to resist and thrive in these times
- Time Banks - a way of giving and receiving to build supportive networks and strong communities
- Co-Op Directory - find your local food co-op
- Shareable - a comprehensive action hub and toolkit for the sharing movement
- Earth Altar - a collection of stories exploring the nature of personal and cultural healing
- Rivera Sun: Radical is the New Sensible
- 10 Ingredients for a Local Peace Economy - Jodie Evans
- Gardening as Resistance: Notes on Building Paradise - Maria Popova, Brain Pickings
- Earth Hour: An annual event encouraging individuals, communities, households & businesses to turn off their non-essential lights for one hour.
- Clean Up the World 2021: Community groups, schools, businesses, & local governments join as members & carry out activities that address local environmental issues.
- Take Back the Night: a series of global marches, rallies & vigils intended as a protest and direct action against all forms of sexual violence.
🎬 Films 🎞️
~ Community Land Trusts ~
- Arc of Justice: The Rise, Fall & Rebirth of a Beloved Community
- Holding Ground: The Rebirth of Dudley Street
~ Co-ops ~
- Food for Change: A Documentary about Food Co-ops
- A Silent Transformation: A film about the Transformative Power of the Cooperative Enterprise Model
- Shift Change: True Stories of Dignified Jobs in Democratic Workplaces
- Power and the Land (1940); Rural Electrification Administration, USDA.
- The Co-ops Are Comin' (1941); Cooperative League.
- The Rural Co-op (1950); United States Information Service.
- All Together (1950): Tennessee Valley Cooperatives.
- Milk: The Co-operative Way (1953); University of Georgia Cooperative Extension Service.
- List of Co-op Films from Cultivate.Coop
~ Public Ownership ~
- Do Not Pass Go: Small Communities Battle Monopolistic Telecoms over the Right to Build Locally Owned Gigabit Networks
~ Participatory Budgeting & Finance ~
Public Money POV
Money & Life: A Story About Money that will Change your Life
- Time As Money: A Documentary about Time Banking
~ Film Databases & Curated Lists ~
Films For Action - search terms like “Cooperatives,” “Community Land Trusts,” etc & upload films that may be missing too!
- Letterboxd: The Cowr-Kola Strategic Viewing Series
- Letterboxd: Healthy Food Hub Strategic Viewing Series
- Letterboxd: Degrow US Strategic Viewing Series
~ Other ~
- This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. the Climate, Naomi Klein (Film)
Briars in the Cotton Patch: The Story of Koinonia Farm (Farming, Civil Rights)
Power of Community: How Cuba Survived Peak Oil (Solutions-oriented)
The Economics of Happiness (Solutions-oriented)
Fixing the Future (Solutions-oriented)
Coming Home: The Reinvention of the Local Economy
- Gift (Gift Economy)
💕 Orgs & Movements 💕
- Transition Towns: a global network of grassroots’ projects seeking to build local resilience in response to peak oil, climate destruction, and economic instability.
- Small House Movement: a return to houses less than 1,000 square feet in active support for downsizing and simple living.
- Mankind Project: a global network of peer-facilitated men's groups.
- Willing Workers on Organic Farms: a global network of organic farms willing to host travelers on a work-trade basis.