CODEPINK is seeking an energetic, passionate and visionary intern to assist with our efforts to end U.S. militarism, prevent regime change and support peace and human rights initiatives in the region.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Genuine commitment to our mission: ending US wars, occupations, sanctions, and militarization. Find more about our Latin America campaigns here.
- Familiarity with our Latin America campaigns
- Knowledge of how foreign policy is made.
- Understanding of how U.S. policy impacts communities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Good organization skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
*Include but not limited to:
- Stay up to date with current news related to our campaigns and collaborate with the social media team to respond quickly and effectively on news developments.
- If possible, attend in person events to support or record content for social media.
- Monitor our partners’ presence on social media and work to uplift and amplify their messages.
- Perform administrative tasks as necessary to support the Latin America team.
- Engage with our Latin America volunteers by keeping them up to date on our campaigns and best ways to plug in.
- Help update campaign petitions as necessary.
- Attend weekly Latin America team meetings.
- Promote our actions and petitions.
- Organize local education events.
- Post on our Latin America Twitter account.
- Support the team during monthly Latin America Coalition meetings as necessary.
- Assist in research and blog writing
- Work is remote, but our team operates primarily in Illinois, New York, Washington, DC, and California.
- 10-15 hours per week, normally between 9am and 5pm Eastern Time, though support for events and independent work may fall outside of these hours.
- $16 per hour
Apply by December 10, 2022. Position will begin January 20, 2023.
To apply, please email the following to [email protected] with the subject “Latin America Intern 2023”:
- Answer the following questions: (max. 300 words for each answer)
- What Latin America social movement(s) are you most passionate and knowledgeable about? What about them inspires you?
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What relevant coursework or experience do you have that qualifies you for this position?
CODEPINK is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ people, disabled people and other members of underrepresented groups.