Join CODEPINK in Cambridge on Saturday, January 27th to learn about how we can use divestment campaigns to throw a wrench in the war machine! If you’d like to learn more about CODEPINK’s divestment campaign click here and join the movement to Divest from the War Machine!
In 2016, the Cambridge City Council passed a resolution to divest city-managed pension funds from companies that produce nuclear weapons, or invest in their production. The forum will address the issues confronting city government as it works to follow through on that resolution.
CODEPINK’s own Sarah Eckel-Dalrymple will be discussing the Divest from the War Machine campaign! Additionally, the forum will provide advice to individual investors on how to divest their own savings from weapons production and invest in peaceful alternatives.
Here’s the schedule for the day:
2:00 pm Welcome and Background – Chair, City Councilor Dennis Carlone
- International Nuclear Weapons Ban Treaty: Shelagh Foreman (Mass. Peace Action)
- The Nuclear Weapons Industry: Richard Krushnic (People’s Engagement)
- The Immorality of Nuclear Weapons: Rev. Herb Taylor (Harvard-Epworth United Methodist Church)
- The South Africa, Tobacco Industry and Fossil Fuel Precedents: Prof. Jonathan King (Massachusetts Peace Action)
3:00 pm Divestment initiatives
- Divesting from Individual Portfolios: Lucas Perry (Future of Life Institute)
- Divestment as a General Disarmament Strategy: Sarah Eckel-Dalrymple (CODEPINK)
- Tackling the State legislature: Rep Mike Connolly (26th Middlesex district)
- Building Statewide Divestment Campaigns: Cole Harrison (Massachusetts Peace Action)
This is a great opportunity to plug into the movement to stop the companies and investors making a killing on killing! We hope to see you there!
Cambridge Public Library Theater
449 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02138, United States,
Sarah Eckel-Dalrymple ·