$700Billion for Pentagon but not enough $$$ for PPE March for Healthcare Not Warfare on Memorial Day!
- Please join us on Memorial Day, Monday, May 25
- Rally at White House at Noon
- March to Cuban Embassy
- Keep an appropriate, 6' distance as we gather and march! Wear a mask!
- Bring a sign with your favorite slogan
- March up 16th Street to the Cuban Embassy to remind us what "Healthcare not Warfare" looks like, with Cuban doctors fighting COVID19 in 22 countries
- From there we will walk down to 16th st. to Malcolm X Park (Meridian Park) to end the march.
Join CODEPINK as we make note of this National Holiday historically celebrated as a memorial to Civil War soldiers. This year we say No More War and Support the UN Call for a Global Ceasefire.
On this Memorial Day, we won't be going to the beach. In the time of the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be calling out our government for spending $700Billion for the Pentagon but not enough $$$ for PPE and DEMAND...
Paki Wieland, CODEPINK, DC
COVID safety measures: We encourage you to stay in your cars; If you get out, make sure you keep a safe distance and wear masks.
Meeting Location: The White House, corner of Pennsylvania Ave and 17th St.
Details: Some people will be walking, some will driving. Our route will be going towards and ending at the Cuban Embassy, as Cuba is the perfect example of #HealthcareNotWarfare!
May 25, 2020 at 12pm - 2pm
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500, United States,
Paki Wieland ·