HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to [email protected].
- Please do not apply via Linkedin app.
- Applications without a cover letter and writing sample will not be considered.
- Applications without media relations experience will not be considered.
Deadline: Open. Applications accepted on an ongoing basis.
About the Position:
CODEPINK is seeking a Media Relations Communications Manager to help us reach a broader audience in our work for peace and increase the effectiveness of our campaigns. The candidate must be able to create effective messaging; have experience, relationships and an understanding of the U.S. media universe, both alternative and mainstream; show a deep commitment to CODEPINK issues and values; be adaptable to rapidly shifting programmatic developments; and be eager to seize media opportunities.
- Work closely with the team to identify and create newsworthy features related to our campaigns
- Develop and execute media strategies, including managing daily interaction with media outlets, pitching articles written by the staff, oversee creation of written media-related materials such as press statements, advisories, and talking points
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop our organizational narrative, sharing stories that inform and inspire
- Handle rapid response communication, developing messages, and working with campaign staff on their op-eds, letters to the editor, talking points and other media materials
- Train and coach staff, volunteers and constituents for media availabilities; act as media liaison during media events
- Develop long-term communications strategies, identifying messaging opportunities, and recognizing possible partnership opportunities
- Coordinate and communicate with staff about our media efforts, successes, and opportunities
- Oversee the cultivation and nurturing of relationships with members of the media and the media staff of allied and coalition organizations
- Prepare and carry out media strategies during CODEPINK events and projects
- Keep information on the website up to date and interactive
- Engage current membership in campaigns as needed
- Carry out other communications, political, and management tasks as they arise.
- At least 2 years of media relations and communications work experience
- Excellent writing, proofreading and communications skills
- Familiarity with media database technology, ideally Meltwater
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities effectively in a heavy workload and coordinate complex projects
- Experience working within a racial justice and racial equity framework, and commitment to social justice
- Flexible, collaborative team player, who thrives on building partnerships and networks
We encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ people, disabled people and other members of underrepresented groups..
Full-time with salary range of $50,000 to $60,000
CODEPINK is a women-led grassroots organization working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support peace and human rights initiatives, and redirect our tax dollars into healthcare, education, good jobs, the environment, and other life-affirming programs. We work for policies that support people, peace and the planet. Rooted in a network of local organizers, online supporters and grassroots donors, our tactics range from pressuring elected officials to street theater, civil resistance and education (webinars, articles, interviews).