CODEPINK Member & Youth Coordinator plays a central role within the CODEPINK community. This job is the relational ‘heart’ and essential caretaker of CODEPINK Members, which includes but is not limited to, CODEPINK activists, volunteers, peace collective members, local leaders and donors. The CODEPINK Member & Youth Coordinator will work closely with CODEPINK co-directors and staff. This position requires the ability to self-direct. This is not an entry-level position; prior organizing experience is required.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to [email protected] with the subject line “CODEPINK Member & Youth Coordinator Application”.
Deadline: ASAP - June 10, 2023
75% Member Support
- Outreach, have one-on-ones and onboard new CODEPINK Members
- Relationship building & nurturing of CODEPINK Members through a variety of means
- Consistent communication with CODEPINK Members across the nation, checking in and providing support wherever possible
- Emailing and texting members invitations, newsletters etc
- Hosting webinars and meetings
- Supporting local events and activities, creating local event pages, and assisting with getting local promotional materials printed and delivered. This position would work with our Co-Director Danaka Katovich and engage more locally in the Midwest region while delegating other regions to our regional organizing team.
25% Peace Collective Leadership
- Providing leadership for CODEPINK’s youth cohort the Peace Collective through meetings, events, educational activities and outreach
- An unwavering passion for peace, defunding war, and funding the life-giving needs of our communities
Excellent & comprehensive written and verbal communication skills
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Experience in Organizing, and managing members/volunteers
- Proven track record of successful event planning
- Knowledge and experience with CODEPINK or at least the peace community
Location: Chicago, or central time-zone
Position type: full time
Salary: $51,000-$54,000 a year depending on experience
CODEPINK is a feminist grassroots organization working to end U.S. warfare and imperialism, support peace and human rights initiatives, and redirect resources into healthcare, education, green jobs and other life-affirming programs. Join us!
CODEPINK is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ people, disabled people and other members of underrepresented groups.