RSVP here to receive our social media toolkit for Inauguration Day so we can make our voices heard!
- Reduce Military Spending, Invest at Home. Under both Republican and Democratic administrations, we have been allocating over $700 billion dollars to the Pentagon. Instead, we want Biden to significantly cut the Pentagon budget and use that money to invest in what really keeps us safe: universal healthcare, infrastructure, a Green New Deal, education, housing, tax cuts for the lowest incomes, and humanitarian aid. To do this, he must create a transition program for workers to move from military to peace-based jobs.
- End Wars, Use Diplomacy, and Respect International Law. Biden must stop U.S. support for the Saudi-led war in Yemen. He must finally get U.S. troops out of Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria. He must rejoin the Iran Nuclear Deal and remove crippling U.S. sanctions against Iran, Venezuela, Cuba, and others.
- China is Not Our Enemy. During the 2020 election, Biden and Trump competed with each other on who could do more China-bashing. Now, more than ever, we need cooperation, not another Cold War and that’s why we are calling on Biden to fight COVID, not China!
- Stop Supporting Israel’s War on Palestinians. $3.8 billion dollars a year for Israel to maintain a system of apartheid is shameful! A Biden administration must hold Israel accountable for its violations of international law and Palestinian human rights.
- Stop Arming the Middle East, No Weapons to Human Rights Violators. Rather than isolating Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman after the gruesome murder of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi, Trump continued weapons sales to the Saudis and has now set up a weapons deal with the United Arab Emirates, in exchange for them normalizing relations with Israel. Biden must block Trump’s deal with the UAE, stop arming the Middle East, and end the U.S. practice of selling or giving weapons to countries — such as Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and the Philippines — that violate human rights.
- Work for a Nuclear-Free World. A peaceful country is a country that abides by its obligations under the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT). We are calling on Biden to remove missile defense systems from Europe and end NATO expansion. And we want to see the U.S. join the UN’s Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons.
- Close Overseas Military Bases. Did you know that the U.S. has nearly 800 military bases in more than 70 countries and territories abroad? The U.S. needs to begin the process of closing those bases and using the U.S. military to protect the nation, not seek new enemies overseas.
- Grow a Green Local Peace Economy. The U.S.needs a feminist peace economy that respects people and the planet, and is based on giving and sharing that’s local and relational. Biden must begin his term in office by supporting the Green New Deal and developing a feminist foreign policy.
- End the Corporate Influence of Weapons Manufacturers. Weapons manufacturers donated millions of dollars to both candidates' campaigns — a down payment to ensure they will continue to see their profits rise. A president for peace can begin to address this endless cycle by denying cabinet positions for any former CEOs or lobbyists from weapons companies and rejecting policy recommendations from think tanks funded by weapons manufacturers.
- Stop Militarizing the Border and the Police. After Obama’s reign as Deporter-in-Chief and Trump’s policy of family separation, it is more important than ever that we stop these attacks on migrants and refugees. Likewise, we must end racist U.S. policing, as well as the transfers of military-grade weaponry and surveillance equipment to local police departments.
Carley Towne ·
Maz signed 84 days ago
Domenico signed 85 days ago
Jilll signed 85 days ago
Shelley signed 85 days ago
kevin signed 86 days ago
Russell signed 86 days ago
Carley signed 88 days ago
Maxine signed 88 days ago