About the Position:
CODEPINK is a women-led grassroots organization working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support peace and human rights initiatives, and redirect our tax dollars into healthcare, education, healthy jobs, and other life-affirming programs.
CODEPINK is seeking a West Los Angeles team member to manage our store, support a transition to a new space, lead on archiving years of materials and support the engagement of the CODEPINK community in Los Angeles.
This position is 20 -30 hour per week and possibly available as full time. You must be based on the Westside of LA.
- Manage the CODEPINK store, ordering, order shipping, inventory, new ideas into form
- Archive 18 years of CODEPINK materials for Peace collection at a University
- Pack up 18 years of CODEPINK for moving to new location
- Fall + Winter Fundraising mailer support
- Coordinate local LA actions, cultivate new volunteers and activists
- Outreach for and support CODEPINK actions in LA
- Work openly and cooperatively with other team members;
- Participate in weekly staff meetings on Monday mornings.
- Strong interpersonal skills; organizational, time management and project management skills;
- Ability to work on deadlines and drive work independently;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Solid computer skills (MS Office-literate & experience working with Google Drive)
- Ability to be flexible and to work independently;
- Detail-oriented and able to deliver assignments on time;
- Knowledge of social justice and anti-war organizations in Los Angeles is a plus.
Location: Westside of Los Angeles
Compensation & hours: $16 - $18 an hour depending on qualifications and experience. Part-time; full-time possible, depending on skills.
To apply: Please send your resume, a cover letter, and 2-3 paragraphs which detail the world you envision and a strategy to get there to [email protected]
CODEPINK is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
We encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ people, disabled people and other members of underrepresented groups.
We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world.