CODEPINK is a women-led grassroots organization working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support peace and human rights initiatives, and redirect our tax dollars into healthcare, education, healthy jobs, and other life-affirming programs.
CODEPINK is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ people, disabled people and other members of underrepresented groups.
CODEPINK is looking for a Story Teller. End the War Economy, Imperialism, and Racism
- Share CODEPINK messages: take all the material we generate each week and reformat for other platforms. Rewrite our materials to resonate with a wide swath of people to build the cross-class multiracial movement to end militarism, imperialism, racism and war.
- Build relationships with diverse media sources outside the usual circle: Develop relationships with journalists and outlets, including doing specific outreach to outlets that will help us reach priority audiences (Black, latinx, and working class young people).
- Able to write and edit material to inspire, engage and educate.
- Grounded in the connections between capitalism, imperialism, racial justice and colonialism and able to write fluently to the intersections.
- Experience using relationships with reporters and media outlets to engage in a campaign's story.
- Knowledge and experience of how the media works, the needs of journalists, and how to get stories placed.
- Organized, able to coordinate multiple projects without letting tasks slip.
- Persistent, willing to follow up again and again with collaborators to see tasks through to completion.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, and work well with volunteers. Able to work effectively as a team player.
Nice to have but not necessary:
- Demonstrated creativity and strategic thinking in a range of communications projects
- Brings knowledge about the anti-war movement and feminist foreign policy
- Adaptable and self-motivated, hungry to learn when faced with a new task or challenge.
Position type: Part-time
$50,000 to $60,000 a year full time depending on experience and qualifications
To apply: Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the "Story Teller" in the subject line