Dear supporters who have signed up to join us in Washington DC for the inauguration:
Soon President-elect Donald Trump will take the presidential oath. We are glad that you will be part of the Pink Posse that will rise, love, resist during Inauguration! Together we will create Bridges not Walls, Diplomacy not War, Peace not Settlements and Love not Hate.
If you will be in DC on January 15, please join us for Trump Exposed 6:00pm–8:00pm at Busboys and Poets on 5th and K Street A panel of experts/activists will speak about immigration, race, environment, economic policy, Islamophobia and foreign policy. Speakers include author/analyst Phyllis Bennis, Reverend Graylan Hagler, our own Medea Benjamin, and more.
As we prepare for Inauguration, we have updated the list of activities that will be going on. Let us know what else you have heard of! Have you heard of private dinners, galas, or other events Trump, or members of the Trump team, will be attending? If so, send an email to [email protected] so she can add it to the activities we are creating.
If you have not done so yet, ask your Senators and Representative for Inauguration tickets! Here’s how:
Go to your Representative and Senators’ websites (If you do not already know who represents you, you can find out here). See if they have an online Inauguration ticket request form. If not, see if they prefer to be contacted by phone or email. Send the following message:
Dear Senator/Representative ___________,
I would like to request tickets for the January 2017 Presidential Inauguration in Washington DC.
Your Name, address, telephone number, and email
What your skills and desires and what you want to get out of CODEPINK’s counter Inauguration activities. Email [email protected] and let her know what you would like to be involved with:
Things we will need help with:
- Team leaders. We might need to be in a lot of places at once. As such, we will need CODEPINK point people for various events.
- Visuals team. We will need people to help us create and manage what we carry (hearts, pink umbrellas, etc.) and wear (over our coats, as it will be cold outside).
- Chant and song leaders. Do you have a strong voice, good ability to carry a tune, or like to come up with catchy rhymes? We will need volunteers to take the bullhorn as we go down the streets and through lobbies. We will also need people to help create the chants.
- Heart keepers. We will need CODEPINKers to hold loving heart space as we gently turn our backs away from hate events we may encounter.
- Rising dancers. One of the things we will be participating in during inauguration will be One Billion Rising, a flash mob dance to help end personal and state violence against women. We encourage everyone to be a part of this. Learning the dance takes practice, so START NOW!
Soon we will schedule a conference call to go over plans and what to expect. On January 20th and 21st we will have morning conference calls to talk about the day ahead. We will also set up a text message alert system to give you updates and reminders throughout the day.
Looking forward to seeing you in DC!
Rise, Love, Resist,
Ariel, Farida, Jodie, Mariana, Mark, Medea, Nancy, Paki, Paula, and Samira
PS. Don't forget to order pink gear for Washington DC from the CODEPINK Store — we have lots of new tee-shirts!