We’re just days away from the new year and our work is about to get even more intense. As we move into this century's third decade, we must continue to drive home the message that endless conflict can only be won through peaceful means, instead of climate and humanity-wrecking catastrophic wars. The next presidential election is taking place amid crippling U.S. sanctions on Iran and Venezuela, continued U.S. support for Saudi Arabia’s war in Yemen, Israel’s endless occupation, and a climate crisis that threatens to end life on earth.
Right now, YOU can support us in making a difference!
Throughout 2019, we worked non-stop to stem the tide of fascism in the U.S. and around the world. Watch our "Pink Year in Review" video here.
- Protested the U.S.-supported coup attempt in Venezuela — protecting the Venezuela embassy in Washington, D.C. — and opposed Trump’s economic sanctions on Iran, Venezuela, Cuba, and North Korea, bringing awareness that sanctions kill.
- Supported Jane Fonda’s Fire Drill Fridays in Washington D.C., showing up for civil disobedience in Washington D.C. every Friday to raise more national attention to the climate crisis.
- Encouraged more people, including members of Congress, to call for an end to U.S. support for the war in Yemen, by helping them connect the dots between Mohammad bin Salman’s war on political dissent at home and abroad.
- Successfully secured the commitment from almost all of the 2020 Democratic Presidential candidates not to attend pro-Israel propaganda conferences and trips.
- Convinced scores of mayors and congressional candidates to sign our Divest from War pledge, while building engaged communities across the U.S. to secure divestment from war in their cities, churches, universities, pension funds and local philanthropy.
- Publicly shamed BlackRock CEO Larry Fink and CHASE CEO Jamie Dimon for investing in weapons manufacturers, supported asylum seekers, advocated for our Fab 4 Congresswomen, led peace delegations to Iran, Cuba, Venezuela and Columbia, opposed the coup in Bolivia, disrupted Eliot Engel and Brian Hook, and much much more.
For a tiny organization, CODEPINK makes a HUUUGE impact. We take on the world’s biggest warmongers and the military-industrial complex with fearlessness, humor, and beautiful troublemaking. Now YOU can have a HUUUGE impact too — twice as big!
With your help, we can make 2020 the year that we turn the tides to a more peaceful world.
Jodie Evans, Medea Benjamin and the entire CODEPINK team: Ann, Ariel, Asia, Carley, Caty, Cody, Emily, Enas, Leonardo, Michelle, Nancy, Paki, Teri, and Tighe