Posted by CODEPINK Staff
CODEPINK is grassroots peace and social justice group that seeks positive social change through proactive, creative protests, and non-violent direct actions. For the past eight years, CODEPINK activists have organized to end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, stop a new war with Iran, and support a peaceful solution to the Israel/Palestine struggle that ensures Palestinian rights.
CODEPINK is seeking an intern for its DC office that can contribute and strengthen its campaign regarding Israel/Palestine to end the siege of Gaza, and end the occupation of Palestine. This internship is unpaid but can offer school credit. The internship is for one semester but can expand into the second semester if interested. An ideal candidate has:
- Grassroots organizing experience
- An understanding of the Palestine/Israel conflict, and the US’s role in this conflict
- An understanding of the US movements trying to bring about a just peace in Palestine/Israel and a change to US foreign policy
- Strong research and writing abilities
- Ability to collaborate and work well in groups, while being self-motivated
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office programs
- Some skills in online and social media organizing
- Ability to speak Arabic and/or Hebrew (bonus, not required)
This is not merely a desk job: we will ask you to participate in the planning and execution of various actions, outreach, and other efforts. However, there will also be the need to conduct research, make phone calls, outreach to the press, send emails, create visuals for actions, and other similar duties.
The intern shall also receive hands-on experience in:
- Devising and implementing strategies that creatively employ multiple social justice tactics
- Conducting outreach through a number of mediums, including online and offline
- Organizing as part of a team
- Building and coordinating a campaign working for change in US policy towards the Middle East, and especially Palestine and Israel
- And more!
The accepted intern will be required to work a minimum of 10 hours per week during the fall semester in Washington DC (or more, if the intern wants). Again, the internship can be expanded into the Spring semester if interested. The internship will be based out of CODEPINK’s DC office, located in the Southeast at 1247 E St SE, a short walking distance from both the Eastern Market and Potomac metro stops (off the blue and orange lines).
CODEPINK is an Equal Opportunity Nonprofit. We seek interns who have an openness to engaging in issues of privilege and diversity and a commitment to incorporating an analysis of privilege and different forms of oppression into their work.
In order to apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and two or three references to brian AT codepink DOT org. In your e-mail subject line, please put:
CODEPINK Internship – [Your Last Name]
Only individuals asked for an interview will be contacted.
Another internship is also available in the DC office for CODEPINK’s peace work focusing on the issues of Iraq and Afghanistan. If you apply to this position but are also interested in that opportunity, please let us know in the e-mail you send with your cover letter and resume.
Contact brian AT codepink DOT org with any questions.
CODEPINK is a women-initiated grassroots peace and social justice movement working to end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, stop new wars, and redirect our resources into healthcare, education, green jobs and other life-affirming activities. CODEPINK rejects foreign policies based on domination and aggression, and instead calls for policies based on diplomacy, compassion and a commitment to international law. With an emphasis on joy and humor, CODEPINK women and men seek to activate, amplify and inspire a community of peacemakers through creative campaigns and a commitment to non-violence.