A broad and growing coalition of peace and environmental organizations has announced plans for an event on Thursday, 4 November, in Glasgow.
WHAT: Announcement of a Petition to COP26 Demanding that Militaries Be Included in Climate Agreement; colorful banners and light projection.
WHEN: 4 November 2021, 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
WHERE: Buchanan Steps, on Buchanan Street, in front of the Royal Concert Hall, North of Bath Street, Glasgow.
Over 300 organizations and 20,000 people have signed a petition at http://cop26.info addressed to COP26 participants that reads, in part, "We ask COP26 to set strict greenhouse gas emissions limits that make no exception for militarism."
- Stuart Parkinson of Scientists for Global Responsibility UK
- Chris Nineham of the Stop the War Coalition
- Alison Lochhead of Greenham Women Everywhere
- Jodie Evans of CODEPINK: Women for Peace
- Tim Pluta of World BEYOND War
- David Collins of Veterans For Peace
- Lynn Jamieson of the Scottish Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament
- ...and more!
For more information email: [email protected]