WE ARE MARCHING! Women of the world and our allies stand with the women – and all vulnerable groups – of Afghanistan against imperialism, militarism, and fascism. None of us are free until the women of Afghanistan are free.
When: Saturday, September 25th @12:30PM ET
Start: Dag Hammarskjold Plaza, 47th Street near 1st Ave.
End: UN/Ralph Bunche Park at 1st Ave between 42nd and 43rd Street
- Testimonies from Afghan women on the ground and RAWA (Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan)
- Fatima Rahmati
- Leeza Ahmady
- Farah Arjang Vezvaee
- Matin Maulawizada, Co-founder Afghan Hands
- Halema Wali, Afghans for a Better Tomorrow
- Wazina Zondon, Poet
- Sonita Alizada
- Women’s rights activists V (formerly Eve Ensler), founder of V-Day/One Billion Rising)
- Zainab Salbi, Vital Voices
- Jodie Evans, Co-founder of CODEPINK
- Alyse Nelson, President/CEO of Vital Voices
- NYC Public Advocate Jumaane Williams
- Morley Shanti Kamen
- Chris Bruce
- Neel Murgai
- Trina Basu
- Arun Ramamurthi
- Kathryn Gallagher, Jagged Little Pill
- Anastacia McCleskey, Waitress
- Gerianne Perez, Waitress
Following the lead of Afghan women voices, we must..
- End imperialism, militarism, fascism and - Cut the Pentagon Budget!
- Welcome refugees, with the US and their allies assuming the responsibility of financing the cost of resettling displaced people from Afghanistan.
- Immediately open humanitarian corridors to support the people of Afghanistan.
- Stop arms trade policies and the military industrial complex, which profits from the ongoing wars in Afghanistan and elsewhere the world.
- Listen, share, and amplify the voices of the women of Afghanistan.
- Expose your own government’s role in perpetuating or tolerating armed conflict and intervention in Afghanistan.
- Call for a feminist foreign policy that prioritizes sustainable peace, human security, and freedom for all.
Co-Organized by: One Billion Rising, Vital Voices & CODEPINK
Contact Ally Hermes - [email protected] - for support in organizing a solidarity event in your city!