WE ARE MARCHING! Women of the world and our allies stand with the women – and all vulnerable groups – of Afghanistan against imperialism, militarism, and fascism. None of us are free until the women of Afghanistan are free.
When: Saturday, September 25th @12:30-4PM PT
Start: Sunset Spectacular, 8775 Sunset Blvd.
End: West Hollywood Park, 647 N. San Vincente Blvd.
- Hameeda Uloomi, Founder of Afg-aid
- Madina Wardak, MSW/ACSW Outreach & Partnership Coordinator Afghan Women’s Mission
- Ariana Delawari, multimedia artist & activist
- Arash Azizzada, Co-Founder Afghans For A Better Tomorrow
- Sultana Parvanta & Rina Amiri, Senior Fellow and Director of Afghanistan and Regional Policy Initiative at New York University's Center for International Cooperation
- Samia Karimi, Afghan dance artist & activist, ARTogether
- Testimonies from Afghan women on the ground and RAWA (Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan) will be read.
Special Appearances by:
- Legendary Ustad Farida Mahwash & Voices of Afghanistan
- Aja Monet
- Dylan McDermott
- Sufe Bradshaw
Following the lead of Afghan women voices, we must..
- End imperialism, militarism, fascism and - Cut the Pentagon Budget!
- Welcome refugees, with the US and their allies assuming the responsibility of financing the cost of resettling displaced people from Afghanistan.
- Immediately open humanitarian corridors to support the people of Afghanistan.
- Stop arms trade policies and the military industrial complex, which profits from the ongoing wars in Afghanistan and elsewhere the world.
- Listen, share, and amplify the voices of the women of Afghanistan.
- Expose your own government’s role in perpetuating or tolerating armed conflict and intervention in Afghanistan.
- Call for a feminist foreign policy that prioritizes sustainable peace, human security, and freedom for all.
Co-Organized by: One Billion Rising, Vital Voices & CODEPINK
Contact Ally Hermes - [email protected] - for support in organizing a solidarity event in your city!