Diane Wilson #StopTheDredging #StopOilExports Hunger Strike
Background: On April 7th, 2021 4th-generation shrimper, activist, and author Diane Wilson began a hunger strike at the waterfront of Lavaca Bay to demand that the Biden Administration stop the dredging of the mercury-contaminated Matagorda Ship Channel, and ban crude oil exports.
What’s happening: In the morning on April 7th, Diane will park her truck at a symbolic location on Lavaca Bay and begin her hunger strike.
Support needs: We will be sharing livestream video and driving viewers to a new Facebook page and TikTok account where daily updates and calls to action will be published throughout the campaign. Please plan on sharing posts on Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok on Wednesday to help us build a strong network of support!
- Campaign Facebook page: like, share, invite!
- Twitter: follow @unreasonablewoman & share posts!
- TikTok: follow @unreasonablewoman & share posts!
Toolkit: This toolkit contains everything you need to support Diane’s campaign to stop the dredging of Matagorda Bay and stop crude oil exports. We are going to keep this toolkit updated as the campaign progresses, so please check back often. If you have questions or need more resources, contact Ethan Buckner at [email protected]
- Campaign timeline: opportunities for solidarity & support
- Direct support information and needs
- Sample Action Alert - petition to the Biden Administration
- Sample tweets
- Facebook posts
- Resources: more details and references about Diane’s fight to stop the dredging and stop oil exports
Eryn signed 134 days ago
Diane signed 163 days ago
Colonel Ann signed 164 days ago
Catherine-Anne signed 166 days ago
Maxine signed 168 days ago