About the Position:
CODEPINK is a women-led grassroots organization working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support peace and human rights initiatives, and redirect our tax dollars into healthcare, education, healthy jobs and other life-affirming programs.
We are seeking a campaign manager for our Local Peace Economy (LPE) initiative. This campaign is focused on creating spaces, tools and opportunities for people and communities to reflect on and take action in divesting from extractive, violent and war-centric economies and instead build relational, local, peace-based economies. This is a full-time job and we are hiring immediately. For more information on the Local Peace Economy campaign please visit www.codepink.org/peaceeconomy. For more information on the organization and our other campaigns, go to www.codepink.org.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience working in social justice movements. Experience and interest in the new economy, just transition, food and farming or peace and justice movements preferred. We are looking for someone to organize with, build relationships with, caretake and nourish our communities.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
Campaign strategy and deployment:
- Drive a campaign to focus the community on the cost of the war economy and create projects to expose those costs and drive engagement around building local projects that model what a peace economy looks like.
- Integrate online communication and organizing with offline events and trainings to build our power and make our members connect with each others and their communities.
- Recruit online activists to sign on, take on leadership, and do more to be more politically active in their communities.
- Coordinate visibility actions around the country.
Messaging and communication:
- Write powerful alerts, especially short and grabby emails, for a popular audience.
- Create emails, web pages and other online materials to grow our audience and build relationships.
- Write press releases, make press calls, do follow up work.
- Write articles/blogs regularly, including support for daily inspiration emails.
- Create a social media presence around building a local peace economy.
- Connect all CODEPINK campaigns/projects with local peace economy and just transition.
Training and leadership development:
- Develop creative new ways to mobilize members.
- Invent, deploy and improve an online-offline network of action.
- Get to know our grassroots activists and support them in creating meaningful, creative work.
- Develop frameworks to engage people in a peace economy mindset and offer useful tools and steps for them to practice it.
- Find and develop relational, creative online tools to empower activists.
- Deploy and test new uses of technology, and measure what's working to identify solutions and improvements.
- Create innovative spaces to build relationships, connections and understandings.
- Work on the LPE online map - add organizations/groups/people and make it useful for people visiting it and people/orgs in it.
Local leaders support:
- Work with and support CODEPINK local leaders across the country and the world.
- Be in constant communication with them - sharing the campaigns/projects/initiatives they can be involved in.
- Support them in their needs and initiatives.
- Grow and build the structures to connect more effectively with them.
CODEPINK is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
We encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ people, disabled people and other members of underrepresented groups. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume, a cover letter, and 2-3 paragraphs of the world you envision and a strategy to get there to email@example.com