Posted by CODEPINK Staff
View CODEPINK Mother's Day Actions in a larger map
Women’s peace group CODEPINK is honoring Mothers Day with nationwide events this weekend, including an event with comedian, author, blogger and activist Roseanne Barr in DC and the release of their new cookbook Peace Never Tasted So Sweet: Deliciously Sweet and Savory Pie Recipes from Women Around the World.
- Washington, DC: Peace Festival with Roseanne Barr, Saturday, May 8th, 1-5pm. Location: John Marshall Place Park, 4th St. NW & Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington, DC
Along with a feisty peace festival, Roseanne Barr will be performing One Taxpaying Mothers Manifesto just outside the Military Arms Fair on the National Mall. “The solutions that I will offer, free of charge,” she says, “if implemented immediately can save hundreds of thousands of people from the complete and utter doom that is encircling and expanding over the earth right now. All of my solutions to end war, hunger and disease can be paid for with just one month of America and Israel’s combined military budgets.”
More events are planned nation-wide to honor the original purpose of Mother’s Day, a Civil War plea, including:
- Los Angeles, CA: Mother’s Day Peace Pie Bake Sale on Venice Boardwalk, Saturday, May 8th, 1-3 pm [contact Whitney Hallock firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Tucson, AZ: Naked Truth Project: a gathering to redefine what “obscene” means in our culture. Sunday, May 9th [contact Mary Decamp email@example.com]
- Orange, CA: 5th Annual Mother’s day Vigil for Peace. Saturday, May 8th, 1-3 pm. Traffic Circle at the intersection of Chapman Ave. & Glassell St. (near the 22, 55, & 57 Freeways) [contact Kathy Hundemer firstname.lastname@example.org]
- San Francisco, CA: Mother’s Day Golden Gate Bridge Walk for Peace. Sunday, May 9th, noon, [contact Nancy Mancias email@example.com 415-575-5555]
- Delray Beach, FL: Mother’s Day Stroll for Peace. Saturday, May 8th, 5 pm. Worthing Park, Atlantic Avenue, Delray Beach. [contact Hillary Keyes firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Arlington Heights, IL: Mother’s Day for Peace Celebration. Saturday, May 8th, 1-3 pm. Harmony Park, Corner of Vail and Campbell Avenues. [contact Catherine email@example.com]
- New York, NY: Mother’s Day Peace Stroll. Sunday, May 9th, 11:30am. Meet up at at Columbus Circle by the statue. [contact Dana Balicki firstname.lastname@example.org 202-422-8624]
- Skowhegan, ME: Mother’s Day Peace Vigil: Gathering with No War Pie signs, pink aprons and the Howe proclamation on Margaret Chase Smith Bridge, Sunday, May 9, noon-1pm [contact Lisa Savage email@example.com]
For more information on CODEPINK local events please contact Rae Abileah, CODEPINK’s Grassroots Coordinator at 415-994-1723 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you like this? Share it!