CODEPINK is a women-led grassroots organization working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support peace and human rights initiatives, and redirect our tax dollars into healthcare, education, healthy jobs, and other life-affirming programs.
As the dangers of a direct confrontation between the United States and Iran escalate, CODEPINK is seeking a passionate and hard-working Iran Campaign Coordinator for a one-year contract position to strengthen our work on building peace with Iran. This position requires someone who is bilingual in English/Farsi, has spent time in Iran, and has connections in the Iranian community in the United States. The person must be committed to working towards peaceful relations between the US and Iran. We are looking for someone with strong organizational skills and creativity to build a network of Iranian and American activists/organizations, promote people-to-people ties, and support advocacy initiatives. Read more about CODEPINK's Iran work here.
Campaigns might include a peace walk in Iran; exchanges with Iranian and American poets; showings of Iranian films throughout the country; online exchanges between US and Iranian students; regular webinars to update people on US-Iranian relations; a campaign to expose the negative impact of sanctions; cultivating sympathetic members of Congress; and active opposition to any kind of military intervention.
This position is full time for one year and preferably based in Washington, DC. Starting date is flexible. Salary is based on experience.
• Put together an Advisory Board for this program and then work with CODEPINK staff and advisors to conceptualize and implement campaigns
• Cultivate, coordinate, support, and maintain an active network with both new and established groups/individuals in the US and elsewhere focused on peace with Iran
• Implement online and offline campaign activities that give Americans a greater understanding of the Iranian people
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with individuals/organizations in Iran
• Represent CODEPINK at events and within coalitions, and to the press
• Work openly and cooperatively with other team members
• Help organize book tour/publicity for Medea Benjamin’s book Inside Iran
• Participate in weekly staff meetings.
• Help with fundraising
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Farsi
• Knowledge of Iran and the Iranian-American community in the United States
• Proven experience organizing, training, and working in a coalition
• Strong interpersonal skills; organizational, time management and project management
• Proven ability to multi-task and work on multiple deadlines simultaneously, in a fast-paced campaign environment;
• Experience working with both online and in-person organizing;
• Experience and interest in advocacy regarding Iran and/or peace and justice movements
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and drive work independently;
• Solid computer skills (MS Office-literate & experience working with Google Drive);
Location: In or around DC
CODEPINK is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ people, disabled people and other members of underrepresented groups.
Please send your resume, a cover letter, writing sample, and 2 references to Brienne at email@example.com with the subject line "Coordinator for Iran Campaign".