30-40 hours per week, $18/hr +health benefits.
CODEPINK is a women-led grassroots organization working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support peace and human rights initiatives, and redirect our tax dollars into healthcare, education, healthy jobs, and other life-affirming programs.
CODEPINK is seeking a passionate and hard-working activist based in D.C. to support our #CutThePentagon campaign. More info about the campaign can be found here Cut The Pentagon.
This position is 30-40 hours per week and you must be based in D.C. and able to work both remotely and in person at actions, including one weekend day with the other off day during the week.
The ideal candidate will have some organizing experience in social justice movements. We are looking for someone to organize with, build relationships with, who will support, engage, and nourish our communities, update our website and event calendar, manage our photo library and support the D.C. team’s needs.
- Spearheading outreach to local volunteers for in-person actions: communicate before/after actions to coordinate timing, their task and other volunteer support needs
- Social media monitoring and posting, tracking the #CutThePentagon hashtag each day (ie: liking, responding, resharing, and online networking)
- Action support for DC Organizer and volunteers as required
- Implement agreed-upon online and offline campaign activities that build visibility for the campaign
- Represent CODEPINK at events or within coalitions
- Work openly and cooperatively with other team members
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Familiarity with website content management tools such as NationBuilder or WordPress
- Familiarity with email blasting tools such as constant contact or mailchimp
- Proficiency with collaboration tools such as Slack
- Proficiency with Google G Suite apps, Google Docs/Sheets, and similar tools
- Ability to learn new software, take online training courses as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines. Must not need reminders
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision in a remote environment
- Proven ability to multitask and work on multiple deadlines simultaneously, in a fast-paced campaign environment
- Experience working with both online and in-person organizing
- Experience and interest in the new economy, peace and justice movements; and/or corporate campaigning
CODEPINK is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ people, disabled people and other members of underrepresented groups. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world.
Please send your resume, a cover letter to [email protected] along with the following:
- 2-3 paragraphs which detail the world you envision and a strategy to get there
- A sample tweet and instagram post promoting #CutThePentagon - can include jpg image, gif or video
- A sample email inviting supporters to one of our events, you can pick any from our calendar https://www.cutthepentagon.org/calendar