War is Not Green Campaign Coordinator will work closely with the CODEPINK Co-Director and Co-Founders to support this campaign
- Unwavering passion for peace, defunding war, and funding the life-giving needs of our communities especially those most affected including Black, Indigenous, Brown, communities of color, poor and low income, the disabled, LGBTQ+
- Excellent & comprehensive written and verbal communication skills
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
- Knowledge in and on Climate justice and intersectional movements for justice
- Experience in Grassroots and Digital Organizing
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
- Daily social media engagement
- Consistent communication with CODEPINK team members and coalition partners
- Identify, solicit and acquire information about the intersection of climate justice and the peace movement
- Maps and plans engagement with coalition partners in the climate justice movement
- Working towards peace and global cooperation
- Build tools for engagement
- Create campaigns for new communities to learn about the cost of military emissions to the planet
- Develop compelling narratives that respond to greenwashing the U.S. military
Location: San Francisco/Bay Area, NYC, or Washington DC
Position type: full time
Salary $22 to $24 per hour
- Please email a cover letter expressing an interest in the position and résumé to [email protected] mentioning “War is Not Green Campaign Coordinator” in the subject line.
CODEPINK is a women-led grassroots organization working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support peace and human rights initiatives, and redirect our tax dollars into healthcare, education, healthy jobs, and other life-affirming programs.
CODEPINK is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ people, disabled people and other members of underrepresented groups.