CODEPINK is seeking energetic, tech-savvy interns to create engaging and inspiring content for our social media! Our goal is to educate, inspire, and activate people around the world to take part in the movement for peace and justice.
These are part-time unpaid internships.
Interns seeking college credit and/or fulfilling a university internship requirement are welcome to apply.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Proficiency in Canva or other design software.
- Reliable computer, smartphone, and internet connection.
- Genuine commitment to our mission: ending US wars, occupations, sanctions, and militarization. Find more about our campaigns here.
- Familiarity with movements against colonialism, imperialism, white supremacy, patriarchy, Zionism, and climate catastrophe.
- Familiarity with ongoing social media trends.
- Plan, record, and/or edit videos for Instagram and TikTok, utilizing current trends to promote our messaging and campaigns.
- Draft concise and engaging tweets and other written content for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Design graphics to convey our message and inspire our audience.
- Create memes which build support for our campaigns.
- Coordinate delivery of action media (i.e. videos and photos from protests, disruptions, and other events) to social media in an engaging and timely manner
- Engage with our followers where there are opportunities to build relationships and broaden our community, both publicly and through direct messages.
- Stay up to date with current news related to our campaigns and collaborate with other staff to respond quickly and effectively online.
- If possible, attend in person events to support or record content for social media.
- Monitor our partners’ presence on social media and work to uplift and amplify their messages.
- Perform administrative tasks as necessary to support the social media team.
- Work is remote, but our team operates primarily in Illinois, New York, Washington, DC, and California.
- 10-15 hours per week, normally between 9am and 5pm Central Time, though support for events and independent work may fall outside of these hours.
Ongoing, you are welcome to apply anytime.
To apply, please email the following to [email protected] with the subject “Social Media Intern 2023”:
Answer the following questions:
- What social movement(s) are you most passionate and knowledgeable about? Why? How have you been involved? (max. 300 words)
- What experiences and/or skills of yours have prepared you well to create engaging content for social media? (max. 300 words)
- A short video (i.e. TikTok or Instagram reel) which spreads a political message in a creative way. Here’s an example. If the file is too large, please provide a link to a cloud file (i.e. Google Drive, Dropbox).
CODEPINK is a women-led grassroots organization working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support peace and human rights initiatives, and redirect our tax dollars into healthcare, education, healthy jobs, and other life-affirming programs.
CODEPINK is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ people, disabled people and other members of underrepresented groups.