Join CODEPINK, ANSWER Coalition and the People's Forum to protest on the 20th anniversary of the U.S. invasion of Iraq.
We are excited to be joined by a range of fantastic speakers and performers in D.C. on the 18th, representing the depth and breadth of this movement. This is just a sample of who you will hear from this upcoming Saturday, starting at 1pm in front of the White House in Washington, D.C.:
- Noam Chomsky, professor
- Jacqueline Luqman, Black Alliance for Peace
- The Black Workers Center Chorus
- Jill Stein, two-time Green Party presidential candidate
- Claudia De La Cruz, The People’s Forum
- Mike Inouye, Oahu Water Protectors
- Gabriel Shipton, brother of Julian Assange
- Abby Martin, Empire Files
- Medea Benjamin, CODEPINK
- Hermela Aregawi, African People’s Forum
- Margaret Flowers, Popular Resistance
- Yolian Egbu, AAPRP
- Carsey Blanton, cultural worker
In the coming days we will announce even more speakers from groups as diverse as the Democratic Socialists of America-International Committee, United National Antiwar Coalition, Palestinian Youth Movement, Dissenters, Pivot to Peace, and the Prutehi Litekyan/Save Ritidian campaign from Guam, just to name a few!
On March 18, join us, these speakers, and thousands of people around the U.S. to demand an end to endless wars and sanctions driven by the imperialist war machine!
The demonstrations will make connections between the human and financial toll of U.S. militarism at home and abroad. Key demands include:
- End the $100 Billion in arms shipments to Ukraine
- End NATO
- Stop the permanent war economy that funnels trillions of dollars away from jobs, education and health care
- Negotiations now! The people of the U.S. are not interested in the possibility of nuclear war nor the Pentagon’s policy of “weakening Russia.”
- No to war with China!
The CODEPINK contingent will be gathered at 12:30 on the right side of where the sound and speakers are set up. We will have lots of banners and signs for people to have and hold!
*The 1pm start time is firm but everything after is fluid based on the flow of the day*
- 1pm: Rally begins in front of the White House
- 2pm/2:30pm: March (route and route lengthTBD)
- 3pm/3:30pm: Teach-in at New York Presbyterian Church (1313 New York Ave NW)
- 4:30pm: End of program
- 5:30pm/6pm: Busboys and Poets on K street (450 K St NW)
Eat and connect post rally with activists from out of town and local to DC (pay as you go)Traffic is expected to be heavy tomorrow with the Rock n’ Roll marathon. Some streets will be blocked starting today until 6pm on Saturday.
Learn more details on how to endorse and transportation to the march HERE.