The purpose of the Iran Summit was to highlight the Trump administration’s hawkish policies on Iran that could lead us into another war, and examine how to reverse course. We also had a beautiful Iranian art exhibit provided by Aftab Committee, calligraphy, music, photo booth and other cultural activities. Check out an archive of our summit here!
Visited the UK, France, German, Russian, Chinese, and Iranian embassies to deliver thank you notes for upholding the Iran deal!
The 2015 Iran Deal was passed thanks to grassroots activism across the country. CODEPINK and others:
- Walked the halls of Congress, lobbying and visiting with undecided representatives
- Called out war criminal Dick Cheney at his major Iran speech
- Helped organize a press conference with speakers that included Sarah Shourd, US journalist imprisoned in Iran for over 400 days
- Held a sit-in (and dropped a 20-foot banner) to call out Democrat Senator Chuck Schumer for opposing the deal
- Created a peaceful presence at the fear-mongering rally featuring Donald Trump and Ted Cruz
- Did a Light Brigade vigil on the Capitol steps to “Seal the Deal”
- Slideshow of actions in DC and around the US