CODEPINK is a women-led grassroots peace & social justice movement working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support human rights initiatives, and redirect our tax dollars into healthcare, education, healthy jobs and other life-affirming programs. Please visit www.codepink.org for more information about our organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and execute a plan to grow the social media presence of the organization across a range of platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumbler, YouTube, LinkedIn
- Develop and implement a social media strategy that builds an online community of followers
- Suggest, and help create videos, shareables, infographics and other creative materials necessary to support social media campaigns
- Track and monitor social media activity at all times to insert CODEPINK’s messaging where appropriate.
- Develop online relationships with kindred online communities and influencers including media outlets and journalists
- Track and monitor analytics to assess trends and activity across social accounts and digital advertising performance to goal
- Form part of crisis communications team
- Stimulate people’s passion and creativity to end war and militarism
- Oversee an intern when necessary
- Outstanding writing and communications skills
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, Marketing, Digital Advertising, or other related field
- Ability to monitor social media 24/7 and intrinsically know when and how CODEPINK should take part in a conversation
- Creative thinker, eager to embrace new technology and methodology
- Someone who strives for excellence and impact in all they do
- Attention to detail and ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Ability to manage time effectively and work against short deadlines
- Experience using social media in a professional setting
- Familiar with, and passionate about, the anti-war movement
Please email a cover letter expressing an interest in the position and résumé to Kirsten@codepink.org mentioning "Social Media Communications Director" in the subject line.