About the Position:
CODEPINK is a women-led grassroots organization working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support peace and human rights initiatives, and redirect our tax dollars into healthcare, education, healthy jobs, and other life-affirming programs.
CODEPINK is seeking a passionate and hard-working NYC Organizer. In this position you will use your high level of professionalism, strong organizational skills, and smart strategic coordination to build power to divest our nation’s financial institutions from the corporations that are making a killing from killing. You will also represent CODEPINK for all campaign manifestations in NYC.
This position is a 20 hour per week and possibly available as full time, and you must be based in or around NYC.
The ideal candidate will have organizing experience in social justice movements with a preference for those with experience building on-the-ground community campaigns and engaging student groups at colleges and universities. We are looking for someone to organize with, build relationships with, who will caretake, engage, and nourish our communities.
- Cultivate, coordinate, support and maintain an active network with both new and established activist groups, with a focus on developing and creating student activism and municipal campaigns.
- Work to mobilize grassroots activists and coordinate field actions.
- Recruit, develop and train new volunteer/activist leaders and groups and identify and cultivate leadership within those groups;
- Implement agreed-upon online and offline campaign activities that build visibility for the campaign
- Represent CODEPINK at events or within coalitions
- Work openly and cooperatively with other team members;
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Proven experience organizing, training, and working in coalition;
- Strong interpersonal skills; organizational, time management and project management skills;
- Proven ability to multi-task and work on multiple deadlines simultaneously, in a fast-paced campaign environment;
- Experience working with both online and in-person organizing;
- Experience and interest in the new economy, peace and justice movements; and/or corporate campaigning;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and drive work independently;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Solid computer skills (MS Office-literate & experience working with Google Drive);
- Preference given for candidates with campus/student organizing experience and/or direct action experience.
Location: In or around NYC
CODEPINK is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
We encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ people, disabled people and other members of underrepresented groups.
We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world.
Compensation & hours: $20 to $22 an hour depending on qualifications and experience. Part-time; full-time possible, depending on skills.
To apply: Please send your resume, a cover letter, and 2-3 paragraphs which detail the world you envision and a strategy to get there to email@example.com