About the Position:
CODEPINK is a women-led grassroots organization working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support peace and human rights initiatives, and redirect our tax dollars into healthcare, education, healthy jobs, and other life-affirming programs.
CODEPINK is seeking an experienced, passionate, and hard-working National Organizer for the Divest from the War Machine campaign. In this position you will use your high level of professionalism, strong organizational skills, and smart strategic coordination to build power to divest our nation’s financial institutions from the corporations that are making a killing from killing.
This position is a 40 hour per week, remote position so you can work from wherever you are.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of organizing experience in social justice movements with a preference for those with experience building on-the-ground community campaigns and engaging student groups at colleges and universities. We are looking for someone to organize with, build relationships with, who will caretake, engage, and nourish our communities.
- Drive, implement and support campaign strategies that support the Divest from the War Machine campaign;
- Cultivate, coordinate, support and maintain an active network with both new and established activist groups, with a focus on developing and creating student activism and municipal campaigns.
- Work with grassroots organizing team and campaign staff to mobilize grassroots activists; coordinate field actions.
- Recruit, develop and train new volunteer/activist leaders and groups and identify and cultivate leadership within those groups;
- Implement agreed-upon online and offline campaign activities that build visibility for the campaign
- Design, create and use a range of communications tools (direct actions, direct communication, traditional and social media, briefing sheets, and other tools) to communicate with target audiences and to achieve campaign objectives;
- Represent CODEPINK at events or within coalitions, as well as, act as a public spokesperson for CODEPINK;
- Train and educate activists and groups in non-violent direct action and grassroots organizing.,
- Work openly and cooperatively with other team members;
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a structured organizing program;
- Proven experience organizing, training, and working in coalition;
- Strong interpersonal skills; organizational, time management and project management skills;
- Proven ability to multi-task and work on multiple deadlines simultaneously, in a fast-paced campaign environment;
- Experience working with both online and in-person organizing;
- Experience and interest in the new economy, peace and justice movements; and/or corporate campaigning;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and drive work independently;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Solid computer skills (MS Office-literate);
- Ability to travel regularly;
- Preference given for candidates with campus/student organizing experience and/or direct action experience.
CODEPINK is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
We encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ people, disabled people and other members of underrepresented groups.
We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world.
Compensation: $40,000 to $45,000
Please send your resume, a cover letter, and 2-3 paragraphs which detail the world you envision and a strategy to get there to firstname.lastname@example.org