On the left: Feminists say NO to war! In Chicago, in honor of International Womens Day, CODEPINK, Chicago Peace Action and PSL Chicago united to call for peace and negotiations that the people and the planet need so desperately. On the right: CODEPINK brings the message of peace and diplomacy to the halls of Congress.
- Women Don’t Let Women Drive War: Feminists Say Fire Nuland (article)
- Women Don’t Let Women Drive War (action alert)
- I was arrested…
- March 18 Peace in Ukraine – Stop NATO Rallies Nationwide & in WDC
- Ask President Biden to join China to promote peace in Ukraine!
- Investigate Nord Stream!
- Demand Biden to halt military assistance to Peru now!
- Politico - Report the Pentagon Polluters!
- Tell The State Department Relations With Israel Don’t Help Palestinians!
- Tell the JNF/JUF to STOP funding Birthright!
- Hold weapons contractors accountable for climate change
- Patriots? Hell No! Stop Escalating the US-Russia Proxy War in Ukraine!
- Ground the F-35!
- Tell Biden Cuba is Not a Sponsor of Terror!
- Check out CODEPINK Events!
BLOGS, WINS & NEWS
Episode 186 of CODEPINK Radio: IWD 2023: Historical Look-Back and What's Ahead: This week we will be taking a look back at the history of International Women's Day and CODEPINK's contributions to the day. We will be revisiting past events, themes, quotes, and actions as well as discussing this year's values and objectives. We will also discuss the importance of uplifting the fight against militarism on this day as well as the need for a feminist foreign policy. We are joined by Grace Siegelman, CODEPINK's Feminist Foreign Policy Coordinator, and Ysa Gonzalez, CODEPINK's LA Office coordinator.
#IWDEndWar: Feminist Voices for Peace Kick Off Webinar
#IWDEndWar: Feminist Voices for Peace Webinars Midday Online Webinar and Action
#IWDEndWar: Feminist Voices for Peace Webinars End of Day Reflection Webinar and Action
Tuesday, March 7 Capitol Calling Party: Europe's Anti-War Movement
Colombia: Total Peace & The Fight to Free All Political Prisoners
Remembering Chávez 10 Years Later
TOP TWEET #1
We say NO to endless war! Join us, @answercoalition & @PeoplesForumNYC in DC on the 20th anniversary of the invasion of Iraq to demand #PeaceInUkraine and an end to the war economy which funds the war machine over people’s needs!— CODEPINK (@codepink) February 5, 2023
RSVP: https://t.co/YtmqHtAJuv pic.twitter.com/VlUEIwY0wq
TOP TWEET #2
Started International Women’s Day w/ feminists against wars, imperialisms & the military industrial complex because *shocker* women, femmes, & children are hurt the most from the rape & pillaging during wars to the care & rebuilding of the aftermath. #IWDendwar pic.twitter.com/nDGPf5rzi4— Olivia (@oliviadinucci) March 8, 2023
TOP TWEET #3
Today in Congress we called for #PeaceInUkraine. This war, like all wars, disproportionately hurts women. Thank you @RepMaxineWaters @AyannaPressley @RashidaTlaib for taking the time to speak with us about this. #IWDEndWar pic.twitter.com/SNZ3vy7dW2— CODEPINK (@codepink) March 8, 2023