As the dangers of a direct confrontation between the United States and Iran escalate, CODEPINK is seeking a passionate and hard-working Iran Campaign Coordinator to strengthen our work on building peace with Iran. We are looking for someone with strong organizational skills and creativity to support congressional work and advocacy activities, promote people-to-people ties, and network with Iranian and American activists/organizations. Read more about CODEPINK's Iran work here.
CODEPINK Peace with Iran campaigns already underway include supporting Congressional work, sending delegations to Iran, networking in the US and Europe, and educational work.
This position is full-time, preferably based in Washington, DC. This is a one-year position, with the possibility of a permanent position. Starting date is flexible. Salary is based on experience.
- Work with our Peace with Iran Advisory Board and CODEPINK staff and other advisors to conceptualize and implement campaigns
- Implement online and offline campaign activities that give Americans a greater understanding
- of the Iranian people
- Write alerts on Iran that go out to CODEPINK members
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with individuals/organizations working on similar issues
- Represent CODEPINK at events and within coalitions, and to the press
- Work openly and cooperatively with other team members
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Organize occasional delegations to Iran and follow up with past delegates
- Help with fundraising
- Knowledge of Iran and the Iranian-American community is a must. Knowledge of Farsi, first-hand experience in Iran, and connections in the Iranian-American community is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven experience organizing, training, and working in a coalition;
- Strong interpersonal skills; organizational, time management and project management
- Proven ability to multitask and work on multiple deadlines simultaneously, in a fast-paced campaign environment;
- Experience working with both online and in-person organizing;
- Experience and interest in advocacy regarding Iran and/or peace and justice movements
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and drive work independently;
- Solid computer skills (MS Office-literate & experience working with Google Drive);
In or around DC
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
CODEPINK is a women-led grassroots organization working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support peace and human rights initiatives, and redirect our tax dollars into healthcare, education, healthy jobs, and other life-affirming programs.
CODEPINK is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ people, disabled people and other members of underrepresented groups.