We celebrate Jane Fonda’s inspiring Fire Drill Fridays and invite you to join her in raising awareness about the urgent need for climate justice.
Spread the word on social media!
Inspired by urgent action needed to address climate change, Jane Fonda is upending her life and spending 4 months in Washington D.C. this fall. Every Friday she's there will be "Fire Drill Friday" to bring urgent attention to important intersectional analysis around Climate Change.
Funding endless war is an existential threat to human life and one of the leading causes of climate change, which is why it’s urgent that we come together in Washington D.C. and make the connection between U.S. militarism and climate change. November 8th was focused directly on this issue but we continue to support these events as the war economy is the driving force that fuels Climate Change.
On Jane's birthday, December 20th, we will be there to celebrate her life, and her giving it to peace and the planet.
Weekly Focus Topics
Jan 2/3 (New Year)
Who’s to blame? Who should pay? Fossil Fuel companies: Join Ariel Gold
Jane’s last Friday action: Join Ariel Gold
Fire Drill Friday Logistics
Thank you for being part of CODEPINK engaging in Jane Fonda’s Fire Drill Fridays! Below is the weekly schedule and logistical information.
If you have any questions, please contact:
- Teach-In: Thursday evenings ending January 9th
- Watch live and share firedrillfridays.com
- Action: Fridays ending January 10th
- Sign up to learn where the rally takes place each week
The rally will take place on the southeast lawn of the Capitol Building, across from the Library of Congress and near the intersection of 1st St & Independence Ave SE
The rally will go from 11am–12pm, followed most weeks by a civil disobedience action.
We expect that anyone arrested will be released within a few hours and have the option to pay a small fine, usually $50, rather than have to come back for a court date.
What to bring:
- Wear something red (we will also have red buttons available)
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes that are suitable for walking in grass
- Wear layers, weather is often unpredictable in DC and can change throughout the day
- If you are planning on risking arrest, please bring a valid, state-issued photo ID along with $50 cash (we will have cash available if you cannot cover this on your own)
- Protest signs — we will have signs available and want to keep these actions generally free from organization branding
What not to bring:
- No drugs, weapons, or alcohol
- If you are planning on risking arrest, please do not wear jewelry or anything delicate or irreplaceable